VRSA Lighthouse

Vila Real de Santo António
VRSA , VRSA , Vila Real de Santo António
http://www.cm-vrsa.pt/

From the top of its circular tower of 40 meters, it has a splendid view that reaches the mountains and the sea, the coast of Andalusia and the Castle of Castro Marim.

Situated on the right bank of the Guadiana River, the Lighthouse Real de Santo Antonio Vila began operating in 1923 and replaced an earlier one, called the "Farolinho de ferro" (little iron lighthouse), which stood in the scrubland. It was electrified in 1927 using generators and was connected to the public grid in 1947. A lift provides access to the tower but there has been no lighthouse keeper since the lighthouse was automated in the 1980s.

other points of interest
Built Heritage