Alfândega House

Vila Real de Santo António
Avenida da República , 8900-000 , VRSA , Vila Real de Santo António
http://www.visitalgarve.pt/visitalgarve/vPT/GuiaServicos/detail/?equipamento_id=5014

Along the river, the Alfândega (Customs) was the first to be completed during the construction of the village and along the antiguos buildings Corporate Fishing, divides the city en two symmetrical halves, shooting the set with doiss turrets that servian to guard the village.

The taxation of transactions with Spain, preventing smuggling, was the primary reason for building of Vila Real de Santo António. The Alfândega House was the portal topped by a royal seal, but the symbol was dismounted this place after 5 October 1910.

Used by the Fiscal Guard, the building ceased to be used in the 90s, in the wake of the Single European Market in 1992.

other points of interest
Built Heritage